Planning for a Move
Moving to a new house can be exciting but it also takes a great deal of hard work and for some people, moving involves a lot of stress and anxiety. However, with proper planning, your move can be easier and can run more smoothly. Most of the time, you can easily avoid stress by preparing ahead of time. If moving is approached systematically and with a positive attitude, it can be surprisingly refreshing and enjoyable.
The key to a smooth move is organizing ahead of time. Follow the tips below to ensure a stress-free moving:
- When preparing your things, it is best to have trash bags in each room in your house. This way, you can easily throw away the things that you don’t need. To avoid packing too many things, let go of old things that you haven’t used for a long time such as those that have accumulated dust in your garage or the attic. Choose certain ‘useless’ items that you want to bring with you and make sure to stick to your list. You can sell or give away those items that you don’t need. This way, you can get rid of the things easier and at the same time, you can earn some more money that you may need along the moving process.
- If you are considering a moving company, it is best to do some research, acquire a few estimates and compare rates of several companies.
- On the other hand, if you can manage the moving on your own, you need a lot of boxes. Have 1 box for each room and start packing the things that are not needed until after the move. After filling a box, move it to a certain area and make sure to label each box to sort things out more easily.
- Keep things organized. When packing your boxes, make sure that things are kept together. For instance, the cords should be with appliances or the lamps with light bulbs. You can attach small parts to the item they go to with a tape or you can just put them in small packets. Then, place these small packets in a separate box and label it (i.e. loose parts). You can put other items in this box such as nails, cables, brackets, cords and more. Keep your valuable possessions such as antiques, silverware, collections, or jewelry with you. If your car has no more room for these items, just put them in a separate box labeled ‘kitchen’ or ‘bathroom’.
- You should have filled more boxes as the moving date gets closer. It is important to label the boxes that you have to open first when you move to your new house. This is especially true if you are moving to a big house because you do not want to waste your time going over several boxes just to find your toothbrush.
- Several weeks before you move, prepare a list of companies that you should notify regarding your new address. Also, make sure to have a list of delivery services that you need to change or cancel.
While it is important to ensure that you have packed and prepared everything from your old home, it is also essential to get your new home ready. Make sure to visit your new house – check every room, clean and ensure that everything is ready.
RHINO Moving Company https://rhinomovesyou.com/